Professional events such as conferences, exhibitions, seminars, lectures and meet-ups are fertile ground for creating beneficial business relationships. The value of these face-to-face introductions is invaluable.
But, many people find it difficult to locate specific
professionals for networking during an event.
That's why I created the Meeter App
The Meeter App enables visitors of a business event to scan for other visitors in real time and easily set an initial meeting of 15 minutes. It helps sharing the visitor's goals and makes netowrking much more efficient.
My roles Initiator, research, UI/UX design, Logo design
Tools Google Forms (Surveys), pen &paper (Storyboarding), Trello,
Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop (Wireframes and Visual Design), Figma (Prototype).
How do you meet new contacts?
During an event:
The 5 main difficulties I discovered
1. Identifying and locating meaningful business networking opportunity in real time.
2. Transmitting what we need, what we are looking for and what can we give others.
3. Limited free time for networking during an event.
4. Initiating a conversation is hard.
5. Stopping an ineffective conversation in order to meet someone else is hard.
The 5 guidelines for the App
1. A clear and concise information about potential contacts.
2. Reduce app activity-time during the event and allow for a quick invitation to meet.
3. Time-limited meeting in order to prevent discomfort and increase efficiency.
4. Assisting low self-confident people to make connections.
5. Up to only 3 types of contacts in an event - for maintaining a focus.